Subject : 50 ways to thank your clients
One of the foundational pillars of designing an abundant business is being in a state of gratitude for what you have: recognizing the good in your business and giving thanks to your clients.
Besides earning major karma points and getting a warm fuzzy feeling for doing something good, thanking your clients can also count as a marketing touch. When you say thanks you create an opportunity to have a heart connection with your clients and thus deepen the relationship.
Recently, I've challanged some of my coaching clients to strive for a more intentional state of gratitude with their clients. We focused on being more active and paying more attention to the way they thank and appreciate their clients.
Being in a state of gratitude is not easy for most business owners. When we're not actively recognizing the good we tend to see what's missing, what's wrong and what we don't have. We live in a culture that thrives on bad news and worry, so paying attention to what's working doesn't appear on our radar.
Just like any other marketing activity that must be practiced on a regular basis, giving thanks and being in gratitude is also a practice. Point your radar at all the good your clients have brought to your life and your business and make a deeper human connection by saying thanks. Do this on a regular basis and watch how your business gets into a beautiful flow of giving and receiving from your clients.
You don't need a special occasion to say thank you. Sometimes random moments are the best. A heartfelt letter (or email) telling your client how much you appreciate working with them, how they help your business grow and how much you enjoy the creative challenges you get from them will bring a smile to their faces and make them only want to give you more work.
And if you're too shy to write that letter (but trust me, it works) here are 50 more ideas you can do to say thanks.
1. Send a thank you card
2. Write a gratitude letter
3. Give fresh baked muffins
4. Send flowers
5. Gift a spa treatment
6. Send a good book
7. Give a bottle of wine
8. Send a gift card
9. Call and simply say thank you
10. send an email
11. Buy a toy for their pet
12. Buy a toy for their kid
13. Take them to lunch
14. Treat them to dinner
15. Buy them a drink
16. Make a mixed CD
17. Make a drawing and frame it
18. Invite them to be your guest at a fundraiser
19. Cook lunch
20. Write a poem
21. Send a cleaning crew to their office
22. Send a chair massage therapist to their office
23. Buy chocolate
24. Bake cookies
25. Introduce them to someone important you know
26. Make a donation in their name
27. Volunteer your time
28. Give a magazine subscription
29. Send a Fruit of the Month Club subscription
30. Give a cooking class
31. Deliver pizza for their office
32. Buy a Lynda.com subscription
33. Offer a personal concierge service
34. Buy concert tickets
35. Give slippers
36. Design a "Best Client Award"
37. Give a Kindle loaded with your top 10 favorite business books
38. Create a personal stationary just for them
39. Buy a Starbucks gift card
40. Mail a monthly calendar insert
41. Make a customized t-shirt
42. Give a business card holder
43. Give an iPad
44. Give a Netflix subscription
45. Give an Amazon Prime subscription
46. GIve a New York Times subscription
47. Deliver Doughnuts and coffee to their office
48. Teach an art class
49. Send a cookbook
50. Give them a puppy (just kidding)