What is mentoring?
A mentor becomes a behind-the-scenes partner, coach and trusted confidante. Mentoring brings you a support structure that leads to personal transformation and business growth. A mentor is someone who brings a wide range of experience and wisdom and provides ongoing guidence and direction. Signing up with a mentor means making a commitment to your goals, and to work for a specific time with a coach or a mentor who will keep your focused if your personal motivation lags.
A mentor doesn't provide answers. A mentor asks the right questions. Through inquiry and careful examination the right questions can lead to new insights and deeper understanding.
Working with a mentor means you are working with someone who is 100% focused on you, your business and your success. A mentor does not have an agenda.
But you should.
Having a clear sense of where you want to go and what you want to work on in your life and your business will make your mentoring process a powerful one.
You will get what you focus on.
Coaching with a mentor can help you know yourself better and help you see your own blind spots. It can help you understand where you are self-sabotaging yourself in your relationships and in your business. This work helps you see yourself in the same way that other people see you.
Mentoring requires a commitment of time, energy and space. The experience can teach you how to focus on the results you desire while learning about yourself along the way. You can explore the areas in which you are stuck and find opportunities for you to try newly developed skills.
The mentoring process is delivered through a series of ongoing conversations. Each conversation is a coaching session where you meet with your mentor on a regular basis and work on moving your life and business forward. You may receive homework and exercises that could challenge you but at the same time bring you to a place of high growth.
Take a step back, take a look at who you are, what you do, and why you do it. Mentoring will help you change the way you think about your business and zero in on growing yourself in the most profitable ways.
Mentoring can help you…
- Infuse more passion into your business
- Market your business in ways you actually like
- Master the game of money
- Charge (and get paid) more for your work
- Build a brand that attracts your ideal clients
- Grow your leadership skills
- Strategize new business meetings
- Improve your time management skills
- Learn how to have crucial conversations
- Get creative self expression back into your life
- Create more work/life balance
You will get the most out of mentoring if you...
- Have a passion for learning
- Have specific issues you would like to resolve
- Have an adventurous spirit
- Are willing to make a serious commitment
- Are open to new ideas
- Are ready to make an investment in your business
- Are willing to be honest and authentic
- Are willing to look at your own blind spots
- Are ready to have fun
- Show up and be fully present
Interested in exploring my mentoring programs? Click here for details.